13 days of security
Small businesses often have the least amount of resources to help protect them against cyber security attacks. The website staysafeonline.org recently had a small business series going over several key issues. This month’s session was about Small Business Scams, many of them even individuals have been targeted.
So take a short 30 minutes and watch was the typical scams are and how you can protect yourself. One of the key ways I stay aware is always ask yourself “does this sound too good to be true?” If the answer is yes, then it’s a scam.
Here’s from the Staysafeonline.org web site:
The link to the latest webinar “Small Business Scams: What to look for & how to protect your business” is now live. Slides are also available to download.
Access them here: https://staysafeonline.org/resource/csmb-webinar-small-business-scams/
The entire CyberSecure My Business Webinar series can be viewed online. Visit https://staysafeonline.org/resources/ and select “videos” under the “all types” drop down menu to replay any of the following webinars:
- Let’s Talk About Ransomware and Phishing
- Learn to IDENTIFY Key Assets & Data
- Learn to PROTECT Key Assets & Data
- Learn to DETECT a Breach
- Put a RESPONSE Plan in Place
- Know what RECOVERY looks like
- Learn How to Choose and Protect Your SMB Website Hosting Service
- Learn How to Protect Your Business Email Accounts
- How to Assess Vendor Security
- Email Authentication Basics
- SMB Cyber Basics: Where to Start